There is a problem – Factors that contribute to reprocessing failures
Speaker: Cori Ofstead
- Clinical use of damaged endoscopes
- Inadequate cleaning
- Improper high-level disinfection and minimum recommended concentration (MRC) testing practices
- Insufficient drying/poor storage conditions
- Lack of consistent quality assurance
- Human factors that impact reprocessing quality/outcomes
Doing nothing is not an option. What are the potential solutions?
Speaker: Dr. William Rutala
- Why does high-level disinfection fail to provide patient safety?
- Evidence-based recommendation for sterilization of endoscopes
- Supplemental measures to reduce infection risk
- Future/novel approaches to endoscope reprocessing to improve patient safety
ASP is committed to the ethical collaboration and interaction with Healthcare Professionals. Under the Open Payments Act, also known as the Sunshine Act, ASP is required to report payments or transfers of value for expenses associated with this event, if applicable.