ASP pioneered the use of gas plasma in low-temperature sterilizers in the 1990’s and has since established itself as a market leader in hydrogen peroxide based low-temperature sterilization.2 Validated for use on over 23,000 devices from over 100 different medical device manufacturers,3 ASP’s STERRAD™ Sterilization Systems are used globally to rapidly and safely sterilize medical devices, without leaving toxic residues.4 The STERRAD NX™ with ALLClear™ Technology is a compact gas plasma sterilizer from the STERRAD™ Systems platform, offering two sterilization cycles compatible with over 23,000 different medical devices.3 Ideal for use in facilities with space constraints, it can be placed on a countertop or onto a cart to make it portable.1
The STERRAD NX™ features ALLClear™ Technology, which works to optimise package and instrument conditions for sterilization.5 ALLClear™ Technology may help to increase productivity by:
- Performing automatic pre-cycle system diagnostic checks5
- Quickly and accurately detecting and correcting load and system issues5
- Optimising sterilization conditions through instrument warming and moisture removal5
With unique ALLClear™ Technology, STERRAD™ Systems have the ability to minimise workflow interruptions before they occur.5 They are the only low-temperature sterilization platform with integrated quality-control features, which aim to enhance compliance and reduce delays in instrument throughout.5
Incorporating upgradeable technology, STERRAD™ Systems are able to adapt and evolve over time, ensuring that they can meet reprocessing demands, and adhere to device guidelines,6 both now and in the future.5
- Uses a combination of hydrogen peroxide vapor and plasma safely for rapid and safe medical instrument sterilization4
- Demonstrates 41 times greater microbicidal rate against vegetative cells and spores, compared with other medical sterilizers available on the market*7
- Over 15 million successful cycles using STERRAD™ Systems completed worldwide each year5
Reduces Workflow Interruptions
- ALLClear™ Technology rapidly detects and corrects load and system issues, reducing cycle interruptions and cancellations5
- Simple, easy-to-use interface reduces operator error and minimises start-up delays5
- Integrated quality control features enhance compliance with hospital policies5
- Graphic display indicates correct load placement and the type of devices appropriate for each cycle5
Flexible and Future-focused System
- Offers 2 sterilization cycles – STANDARD (28 minutes) and ADVANCED (38 minutes)1
- Compatible with a wide range of medical devices, including flexible endoscopes and other heat and moisture sensitive devices8
- Expandable and upgradable technology, to ensure the system remains state-of-the-art5
Delivers Safety for Patients and Operators
- Rapidly and safely sterilizes medical instruments without leaving a toxic residue4
- UV sensor continuously monitors hydrogen peroxide concentration within the chamber
- Environmental concentration of hydrogen peroxide levels remain well below recommended thresholds,5 with exposure 67 times lower than other medical sterilizers available on the market*9
- Touch-free cassette removal promotes operator safety5
Delivers Economic Value
- STERRAD™ Systems preserve instrument integrity, reducing the need for costly repairs and replacements5
- Reduces annual energy and water consumption per year by ~70% and ~180,000 litres, respectively, compared with autoclave steam sterilizers10
*Details available on request
- STERRAD NX™ System Cassettes
- STERRAD™ Chemical Indicators
- Tyvek® Rolls and Pouches manufactured for use in STERRAD™ Systems
- STERRAD VELOCITY™ SYSTEM: Biological Indicator/Process Challenge Device (BI/PCD), reader and printer
- APTIMAX™ trays, mats and holders
ASP ACCESS™ Technology is a smart information-sharing technology that seamlessly connects, correlates, and communicates vital reprocessing information across ASP devices and hospital network systems.11 It works to enhance compliance through reducing the risk of human error, and optimise reprocessing efficiency through automation of record-keeping and the provision of performance data.11
- Enables seamless communication between STERRAD™ Systems, STERRAD VELOCITY™ System, instrument tracking systems and hospital networks12
- Automates documentation of sterilization results and produces audit-ready data11
- Cloud technology enables staff to access reprocessing records from any location and receive alerts via email/text11
The ASP IFU and User Guide library can be used to search for the appropriate IFU, User Guides and Data Sheets for ASP products. Product literature and availability varies by country; users can ensure they locate the correct literature for their setting by searching by product and country. Use the link below to locate the STERRAD NX™ IFU.
Have questions about your STERRAD™ System?
Find up-to-date compatibility information and helpful resources in the online STERRAD™ Sterility Guide.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD NX™ System with ALLClear™ Technology Data Sheet. AD-170009-01-CT_D-MDR.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD™ Superiority Factsheet Volume 1. The Power of Plasma. AD-200071-01-CT_B-MDR.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD™ Superiority Factsheet Volume 4. The Importance of Instrument Validation. AD-200105-01-CT_B-MDR.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD NX™ with ALLClear™ Technology User Guide.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD™ Systems with ALLClear™ Technology Product Brochure. AD-160029-01-CT_D-MDR.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD™ 100NX System with ALLClear™ Technology Data Sheet. AD-160028-01-CT_D-MDR.
- Rutala WA, Gergen MF, Sickbert-Bennett EE, et al. Comparative evaluation of the microbicidal activity of low-temperature sterilization technologies to steam sterilization. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2020;41:391-395.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD™ 100NX System with ALLClear™ Technology User Guide.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. Comparison Study of Environmental Hydrogen Peroxide Levels of STERRAD™ Systems and STERIS V-PRO™ Low Temperature Sterilizers Reveals Striking Differences. 2016.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. Assessment of Operating Costs Due to Energy and Water Use During Terminal Sterilization With STERRAD™ Systems Compared to a Steam Sterilizer. AD-160024-01-CT_C-MDR. 2016.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. ASP ACCESS™ Technology Product Brochure.AD-160030-01-CT_C-MDR.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. ASP Ecosystem Brochure - Innovation to Advance the Quality of Patient Care. AD-170035-01-CT_D-MDR.