The STERRAD VELOCITY™ System comprises of the STERRAD VELOCITY™ Biological Indicator/Process Challenge Device (BI/PCD) and the STERRAD VELOCITY™ Reader. It is manufactured specifically for use in STERRAD™ Systems and is the only BI/PCD validated by the manufacturer of STERRAD™ Systems.
The STERRAD VELOCITY™ BI/PCD is an easy-to-use, self-contained BI and PCD that reads with certainty, providing fast and efficient sterility assurance that helps to improve instrument turnaround time.1, 2
- As a BI, STERRAD VELOCITY™ BI/PCD complies with ISO 11138-111
- As a PCD, STERRAD VELOCITY™ BI/PCD assures sterility by providing a challenge greater than or equal to the most challenging location in the most challenging device1
- When used in conjunction with the STERRAD VELOCITY™ Reader, it delivers a readout time of 15 or 30 minutes (depending on reader software version; see BI/PCD IFU)
It is the only BI/PCD system that communicates with STERRAD™ sterilizers, thereby enabling the automatic documentation of each cycle and allowing users to quickly and compliantly carry out BI processing, to produce audit-ready records.2
The STERRAD VELOCITY™ BI/PCD and STERRAD VELOCITY™ Reader are intended to be used for:
- Frequent monitoring and periodic testing of STERRAD™ Sterilization Systems and their respective cycles (at each cycle or at defined periodicity according to applicable recommendations and standard operating procedures for hospitals)1
- Qualifications of STERRAD™ Systems after installation, sterilizer relocation, major repairs or for periodic requalification according to ISO 14937.51
- For qualifications, STERRAD VELOCITY™ BI/PCD is used in conjunction with reference loads from the STERRAD VELOCITY™ System Validation Kit, which are defined for each STERRAD™ System and cycle1
Rapid BI readout
- Read time of 15-minutes3* – allows users to know the result before they release the load
- Reduces instrument turnaround time, helping users to meet the demands of OR schedules2
- Built-in chemical indicator allows for quick identification of processed versus unprocessed BIs2
- Multiple wells in the reader3 facilitate its use in larger hospitals which use multiple STERRAD™ Systems
Reads with Certainty
- Uses advanced optical measurement technology to detect biological activity2
- Eliminates subjectivity seen with visual interpretation of results2
Streamlines BI Processing and Record-Keeping
- Only releases instruments when they are ready, reducing the risk of releasing instruments prior to BI confirmation2, 3
- Automatic record keeping provides consistent and complete BI records, aiding compliance2
- Compatible with ASP ACCESS™ Technology, allowing automatic correlation of STERRAD™ System cycle records and BI results2
- On-board barcode scanner eliminates the need for manual data entry, minimising the risk of error2
- Intuitive touch-screen interface provides step-by-step instructions, reducing user errors2
- BI results are displayed clearly and easy-to-read countdown timers are shown for each well2
- On-screen, audible alerts update staff with critical information2
ASP ACCESS™ Technology is a smart information-sharing technology that seamlessly connects, correlates, and communicates vital reprocessing information across ASP devices and hospital network systems.4 It works to enhance compliance through reducing the risk of human error, and optimise reprocessing efficiency through automation of record-keeping and the provision of performance data.4
- Enables seamless communication between STERRAD™ Systems, STERRAD VELOCITY™ , instrument tracking systems (ITS) and hospital networks5
- Automatically correlates sterilization cycles and BI results to produce audit-ready data4
- Cloud technology enables staff to access reprocessing records from any location and receive alerts via email/text4
The ASP IFU and User Guide library can be used to search for the appropriate IFU, User Guides and Data Sheets for ASP products. Product literature and availability varies by country; users can ensure they locate the correct literature for their setting by searching by product and country. Use the link below to locate the STERRAD VELOCITY™ IFU.
Have questions about your STERRAD™ System?
Find up-to-date compatibility information and helpful resources in the online STERRAD™ Sterility Guide.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD VELOCITY™ BI/ PCD Technical Dossier.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD VELOCITY™ Biological Indicator System Product Brochure. AD-170021-01.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. STERRAD VELOCITY™ Biological Indicator System Data Sheet. AD-170020-01.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. ASP ACCESS™ Technology Product Brochure. AD-160030-01.
- Advanced Sterilization Products. ASP Ecosystem Brochure - Innovation to Advance the Quality of Patient Care. AD-170035-01.